Sharing and exporting your song library
With all songs by title, artist, or genre selected, tap (the share button, at the top right of the screen). The following options are available:
- Send Songs – this makes a copy of every song in your library, or just the filtered list (if you have an active search), and allows you to send the resulting archive via Mail, export to Files (on iOS 11), send via Messages, etc.
- Send the Song List - creates a list of just the song titles and artists that you have in your library. Again, you may share this list via Mail, save to Files, etc.
- Open PDF in Another App – creates a PDF version of your song list only (not the songs themselves), and allows you to export the PDF to any other app on your device that supports importing PDFs.
- Print the Song List – allows you to print a list of the songs titles in your library.
- Export Song List as PDF – creates a PDF version of your song list only (not the songs themselves), and allows you to save to Files (on iOS 11), or iCloud Drive, Dropbox, etc (iOS 9 and 10).
Backing up your library
You can backup your entire library of songs very simply.
- Your song library is automatically backed up when you backup your device to iCloud or iTunes. Restoring from a backup will automatically restore your library as well.
- Alternatively, use the Send Songs feature to send yourself a copy of the songs via Mail, or saved to the Files app (on iOS 11).
We recommend you do this regularly to avoid losing your work.
Restoring from a backup
To restore all your songs into SongSheet from a backup, forward a previous backup to an email address that your iPad can receive.
Open the email in the iPad’s Mail application and tap on the “tap here to import” link or open the attachment. SongSheet will open and go to work reimporting all your songs.
Alternatively, if you saved the songs to Files, open Files, find the archive, and open it in SongSheet to import the songs.